Castrol Syntilo™ K1 is a synthetic coolant which has been developed for use as a general purpose grinding fluid for ferrous metals. It forms a clear, stable solution in both hard and soft waters. Syntilo K1 exhibits extreme good anti-corrosion properties coupled with a high resistance to bacterial attack.
Syntilo K1 is developed for surface, cylindrical, double disk and centreless grinding.
- Low foaming in all water conditions to ensure continuous grinding performance
- Inhibits microbial growth to extend fluid life in central systems and individual sumps
- Rejects tramp oil to the surface of the fluid for easy removal
- Chlorine, phenol and nitrite free for environmental compliance
- Excellent corrosion protection even in hard water
- Settles chips quickly to prevent grinding wheel build-up and maintain a clean working environment
- Neutral odor
Typical Physical Characteristic
- Water range: 0–400 ppm CaCO3
- Refractometer Factor 1,2